For German readers: some thoughts and notes and quotes on the music I'm listening - to be found
on my new blog:
ubus-notizen.blogspot.com

Also check out the great new, independent magazine get happy!?, reporting on music, movies and more:
gethappymag.de

Friday, July 27, 2007

Joey Baron & Sylvie Courvoisier - Willisau 2006 - exclusif

Here's a short but sweet thing I wanted to share. Sylvie Courvoisier is one of the brightest talents around in the Swiss jazz scene, I was lucky enough to hear her live and am a fan of her ECM release, "Abaton" (with her partner in life, Mark Feldman on violin, and the great Erik Friedlander on cello - look for his "Maldoror" if you're in for a solo cello ride! I got my copy from CDBaby, its still listed there.)

Anyway, Joey Baron was to appear in duo with John Zorn at last year's Willisau Jazzfestival, but Zorn couldn't make it, so Courvoisier stepped in for a duo I find much more fascinating than the scheduled Baron/Zorn duo (but that's just one man's opinion, of course).

I missed a longer broadcast of this concert (likely the full set was contained in that broadcast), but another radio station has recently broadcast two segments as a filler and here they are, at least!

**********************************************************

Joey Baron / Sylvie Courvoisier
Jazzfestival Willisau 2007
Willisau (CH)
September 2, 2006

Sylvie Courvoisier - piano
Joey Baron - drums

1. Willisau 5 (3:45)
2. Willisau 6 (7:40)

TT: 11:25

Sound: A/A-
Source: RSI 2 "Concerto Jazz" / 2007-07-22
Lineage: FM > HD > Cool Edit Pro > FLAC (8,asb,verify)
Recorded & shared by ubu


Note: most of this concert was broadcast in DRS 2's "Jazz Live" show but I missed it - this is all I have so far!


FLAC / 39 MB / DL

No comments: