For German readers: some thoughts and notes and quotes on the music I'm listening - to be found
on my new blog:
ubus-notizen.blogspot.com

Also check out the great new, independent magazine get happy!?, reporting on music, movies and more:
gethappymag.de

Friday, March 20, 2009

Stanley Cowell - Verona 2008

Here's the Stanley Cowell solo show that has been request by swboy - glad to oblige as I'm in a mellow mood and it's a small show and was a quick upload...

I'm afraid I can't say anything about the music as I haven't played it yet... comments on dime were pretty euphoric though, and people seem to think this is much better than any official solo release by Cowell.



Stanley Cowell
Verona Jazz 2008
Verona (Italy), Corte Mercato Vecchio
June 28, 2008


Stanley Cowell - piano

1. Cosmology > Ann SC (7:11)
2. Brillant Circles (6:33)
3. Emil Danenberg > Ann SC (8:32)
4. Abstrusions (5:29)
5. Dis Place (Displace) > Ann SC (7:15)
6. Theme from Asian Art Suite (7:19)
7. Carnegie Six > Ann SC (9:05)
8. Equipoise (6:51)
9. unknown [prob. Prayer for Peace] (8:29)

TT: 66:49

Sound: A
Lineage: DVB-S (192 kbps/ 48 khz) > Technotrend S-1400 DVB-S PCI card > harddisk.
Edits were made made with the mp3DirectCut software.

5 comments:

ubu said...

MP2 (as seeded on dime, unchanged) + added tags by yours truly - thanks a lot to the seeder on dime!

http://rapidshare.com/files/211556936/Stanley_Cowell_2008-06-28_Verona__192_.rar

swboy said...

Thanks so much ubu
I'm really looking forward to this.
my best--

Nick said...

yes, thank you very much ubu. I like Cowell's solo Maybeck Recital album a lot, so I'm excited to hear this as well.

Arcturus said...

I'm slow, what kin ya say ... finally got to hear this last night & what a fantastic concert! just a beautiful performance

fwiw, I'm pretty sure that the last 'unknown' tune is his composition, "Prayer for Peace"

jb said...

Great. Equipoise is a wonderful composition. Marcus Roberts has also written and recorded a tune called Prayer for peace.
Thank you.