For German readers: some thoughts and notes and quotes on the music I'm listening - to be found
on my new blog:
ubus-notizen.blogspot.com

Also check out the great new, independent magazine get happy!?, reporting on music, movies and more:
gethappymag.de

Monday, August 31, 2009

r.i.p. Chris Connor

New has just been out that Chris Connor has died. She was one of my favourite songbirds, and a songbird that turned into a fine, emotional singer as time went by.

Some more, including news links.

Look for a post with some of Chris' singing. I've got a show up on my RS account - it's not that I was waiting for this sad news, it's also not a Chris Connor show but a concert by The Golden Men of Jazz, with sets by Chris and Annie Ross - the only live recordings of Chris' I've come across so far - that is, the only non-official live recordings, of course. For a masterly example of her art, check out this disc:



As well as any of her early albums on Bethlehem and Atlantic!

No comments: